Friday, November 7, 2008

MESSAGE FROM SAFWAAN TO SA6 PLAYERS & LOVED 1’s

Salaams One & All…

Hope you all are well and recovering from a good weekend and it’s not that blue of a Monday… :)
Anyway I have an announcement to make that with immediate effect I will be playing the rest of the season with the SA 4 side…
This decision to play for SA 4 has been a long and hard one to make…

I was approached at the beginning of the season by the executive committee as well as the captain of the SA4 side, Farhaad Essop to play for them…
I request sometime to think about it and evaluate my fitness as well as if I was able to cut it in a much more competitive league and it was decided that after my third game of the season I would give my answer…

After much thought I realized that I am not getting any younger and that I can’t run as much as I use to and after each game I have aches & pains in places I never knew could ache or pain…LOL
Guys I’m getting old…And I realized I can’t let this opportunity pass me by…Here is a chance to prove my talent not only to my Club but myself as well…while I still have it…

So I would like to take this opportunity to thank the executives of the club & Farhaad Essop for giving me this opportunity but most of all I would like to thank all my team mates in the SA6 side for all your support & commitment week in & out…I have had the most awesome time with all you guys and in the short time that I have played with you guys we have become more then team mates we have become friends…and I hope….Sorry let me re phrase that, and we will continue to be friends…

Avi & Moosa keep the sms and funny comments coming…and guys I love the comments that you guys send to & fro on Facebook beautiful :)

Avi my man keep it real as always…you are an awesome all rounder almost as good as Kallis but not quite :)

Moosa Ganto…our other import from Middleburg….It was a great honour for me to play with you…you are an awesome cricketer and with age on your side you will be even better then you are now…one thing you need to work on is to relax a bit with the opposition, don’t let them get you…for some reason I think we will be playing together soon…LOL

Moms don’t think it’s over boet coz even thou we playing in different leagues the bets are still on each game to see who scores more runs…currently you owe me like 3 suppers…LOL
I will collect don’t worry…

Riyo & Ahmedoo my two great wicket keepers…if it not for your guys encouragement and advice I don’t think I’d be the player I am…Lots of times in many games I have taken your guys advice on which line to bowl resulting in many wickets…I really owe you guys Thanks…Ahmedoo in all my years I have never seen anyone move like you…every game we go to the opposition look at you in awe…no one can believe it…Man you have my respect…

Abed it’s up to you boss you have to take over boet…You have the talent…Don’t ever doubt that…you have what it takes to be a great fast bowler…pace, bounce and being tall helps u along…and who knows you will replace me sooner rather then later in the SA4 team…work hard boy you’ll get remember always be positive…

Maroef even thou we haven’t played that much together due to unforeseen medical conditions from behind…LOL
You have though me that you have to be quick running in between the wickets if not you will run me out…LOL

Ismail “Jones” Loonat if there is an ou for commitment it’s you Ismail…Week in week out you are there…giving it your best even if means being the 12th man writing the score…your commitment to the game of cricket is priceless…you really enjoy your cricket…

To the new guys Rashaad Ally & Baker even thou we haven’t played much together I really see great things from both of you…Rashaad my man you gona be an awesome bowler…remember pace is not everything but if you have the right line & length the sculpts are their for the taking…my only advice is work hard at your game…Baker, our foreign import…dude I haven’t seen anyone in the club who can turn the ball like you in a long time…This is probably the influence of the ever turning up or down of the Zim inflation rate…LOL

Archie The great one the legends of Marlboro…without any doubt you truly are a legend and I have learnt a lot from you…we go out there to give it our best, be it we win or lose as long as we gave it our best…It really was awesome to play with you and I hope to do so again sometime…

Rashaadi what can I say but it really has been a privilege to play both under you as well as with you…In the last two seasons with the club I have taken so much from the game because of you…Your qualities as a captain…Dude you are a naturally born leader & a good one…You have a great cricketing mind and read the game well…not many players can do that…But your consistent encouragement and positivity have helped me along especially in situations where I have doubted myself, where my confidence was shot, you were always there to pick me up and I really owe you a lot of thanks…But the most I am thankful to you for is my GORGEOUS WIFE Na’eemah…it was through your persistence and a bit of nagging(LOL) that I met her…meeting Na’eemah has really completed me.…Jazakallah boss and don’t forgot the prawns are still waiting…LOL

The biggest thanks must defiantly go my sidekick, my other half or most commonly my gorgeous wife Na’eemah…My decision was greatly influenced by you…your advice and un biased opinion really helped me…I thank you for your great support every week…your presence at every game means so much to me…I love you so much my darling…Really I can’t thank you enough for everything…Mwah…

Guys I really really really am SAD to be leaving the SA6 side…we have built great friendships and I don’t want to lose that…I hope you guys can support me in my decision and please I need all the encouragement & advice I can get so please guys keep them coming…I would like to take this opportunity to ask MAAF from each and everyone of you…if I have said or did anything to have hurt you or your feelings I ask that you please make me maaf…I also ask that you please remember me in your dua’s and I wish and hope I can play with you guys again…

For the last time signing off…

Your Captain,

No comments: