Tuesday, January 25, 2011

BODI RETURNS TO HOMEGROUND

The bizhub Highveld Lions today welcomed left-hander Gulam Bodi back to his roots where he started his career as a young cricketer. Bodi, who transfers from Nashua Titans with immediate effect, will join the team in time to form part of the squad for the Standard Bank Pro20 Tournament.
Head Coach, Dave Nosworthy, is regarding Gulam as a real asset. “Gulam will be an asset, both on and off the field with his superb track record and playing experience. I’ve also no doubt that he will fit in well and welcome him back home after many years away,” said Nosworthy.


Bodi is looking forward to contributing to the squad. “I’m really looking forward to be playing for my home team again, something that I have always wanted. This is where I started my career and I believe that I still have plenty to still offer. I’m thankful to the bizhub Highveld Lions for giving me the opportunity to further my career and for being part of the team,” Bodi said.

No comments: